Posted on December 27, 2016.
The City of National City Library currently has one (1) temporary, part-time vacancy for their Local History Room.
Under direction, to plan, organize, and oversee the operation of the Kile Morgan Local History Room; perform professional library work in local history; responsible for research services and provide effective access to the archival collections; and perform related duties as required.
— Up to 19 hours a week
— Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Provide reference and research services by email, telephone, mail, and in person.
- Evaluate records and prepare record-keeping systems for preservation and retention of records
- Catalog, process, manage, and maintain archival collections in a variety of formats
- Create and maintain accessible computer archives and databases
- Compile finding aids, reference guides, statistics and reports
- Promote work through exhibitions, presentations, talks and visits
- Coordinate and lead digitization projects
- Establish and administer policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials
- Write and administer grants
- Coordinate educational and public outreach programs such as tours and instructional workshops
- Completion of a standard course in an accredited library school with concentration in archival studies or coursework in archives and manuscript management and two (2) years of professional experience in a library; OR
- Master’s degree in library science and one (1) year professional archival experience.
To apply please visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nationalca/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1501115
Posted in Employment, Jobs & Opportunities, Uncategorized
Posted on March 18, 2012.
Reporting to the Provost, the Librarian is responsible for managing the resources, materials and personnel of the NewSchool of Architecture and Design Library. The Librarian directly supervises one Assistant Librarian as well as student workers. The Librarian manages the budget of the library and provides leadership in an environment of rapidly evolving technologies of scholarly knowledge. The successful candidate will have substantive accomplishment or reflect demonstrated potential in leveraging library resources to support the wider needs of a diverse campus environment.
For more information and to apply, please visit this job listing.
Posted in Announcements, Employment, Jobs & Opportunities