Posted on December 27, 2016.
The City of National City Library currently has one (1) temporary, part-time vacancy for their Local History Room.
Under direction, to plan, organize, and oversee the operation of the Kile Morgan Local History Room; perform professional library work in local history; responsible for research services and provide effective access to the archival collections; and perform related duties as required.
— Up to 19 hours a week
— Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Provide reference and research services by email, telephone, mail, and in person.
- Evaluate records and prepare record-keeping systems for preservation and retention of records
- Catalog, process, manage, and maintain archival collections in a variety of formats
- Create and maintain accessible computer archives and databases
- Compile finding aids, reference guides, statistics and reports
- Promote work through exhibitions, presentations, talks and visits
- Coordinate and lead digitization projects
- Establish and administer policy guidelines concerning public access and use of materials
- Write and administer grants
- Coordinate educational and public outreach programs such as tours and instructional workshops
- Completion of a standard course in an accredited library school with concentration in archival studies or coursework in archives and manuscript management and two (2) years of professional experience in a library; OR
- Master’s degree in library science and one (1) year professional archival experience.
To apply please visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nationalca/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1501115
Posted in Employment, Jobs & Opportunities, Uncategorized
Posted on May 17, 2010.
I'm delighted to announce that Marisela LaPlante has volunteered to serve as our new Chapter Archivist, taking over the duration of my term. Marisela is a San Jose State graduate with archival course work experience. Please contact her if you have any chapter-related documents that she can place in the archives, including officer correspondence, meeting minutes, financial records, program handouts, etc. If you have any questions about what sort of materials should be archived, Marisela will be able to answer them.
Thank you, Marisela, and welcome to your new SLA-SD position!
Posted in SLA Announcements