The Point Loma Nazarene University community is, and intends to be, a decidedly Christian community, as exhibited by our shared beliefs, corporate practices, and Christlike character.
Ryan Library at Point Loma Nazarene University is seeking a candidate for a full-time, tenure-track Instructional Services Librarian faculty position at the Assistant Professor level.
PLNU is a vibrant Christian liberal arts university in the evangelical, Wesleyan tradition with an undergraduate and graduate student body of around 4000 including over 40% students of color. PLNU seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the practice of teaching and scholarship. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
Ryan Library is a teaching library, serving primarily to support and supplement the curriculum offered at Point Loma Nazarene University. The Instructional Services Librarian is part of the Ryan Library team and is responsible for providing research assistance, information literacy instruction, outreach, and collection development for assigned academic and co-curricular departments. Ryan Library’s Instructional Services librarians teach information literacy as a component of the Writing Composition program and provide subject-specific research instruction to assigned academic departments.
- Provide research service assistance in-person and via chat, e-mail, and phone to students, faculty, and staff in the Library and beyond
- Serve as departmental liaison for assigned academic departments
- Provide course-related information literacy instruction, assignment design and assessment
- Schedule and assign Writing Composition instruction sessions
- Participate in assessment of the information literacy component of the General Education Learning Outcomes
- Coordinate collection development in assigned academic areas
- Supervise the Circulation Supervisor
- Develop and coordinate Ryan Library’s digital projects
- Develop online research guides for assigned academic and co-curricular departments
- Serve on department and university committees
- Attend workshops, continuing education programs, library conferences, and other professional development opportunities
- Work on the Research Help Desk one evening per week and occasional Saturdays
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in library and information science from an ALA accredited program
- Teaching experience and a teaching credential are preferred
- Experience supervising full time staff
- Experience providing research services, information literacy instruction, and collection development in a library setting
- Evidence of service to the profession
Thorough commitment to the concept of Christian liberal arts education. Desire to work in an evangelical institution in the Wesleyan tradition. Supportive of the religious and educational goals of the university and its sponsoring denomination.
Evidence of Christian commitment and active church involvement.
The work is primarily sedentary and may require sitting for extended periods of time. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Application must be completed in one sitting. At the time of completing application, you will need the following documents to upload:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Personal Faith
To apply: https://pointloma.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PLNUCareers/job/San-Diego—Point-Loma/Instructional-Services-Librarian_R0000807-1?source=Indeed