A Solutions Specialist at Tech Logic consults with libraries to define a need or problem, conducts research to obtain data, and analyzes problems to advise on or recommend solutions utilizing their documented record of accomplishments in high end technology sales to end-users and government entities. The Solutions Specialist (S2) is a fast starter, sharp, dynamic, and not afraid to make cold calls to develop new relationships.
Tech Logic exclusively serves libraries and offers every component necessary for sophisticated Automated Material Handling Systems, (AMH) and Self-Checkout (SCO) RFID and barcode-based systems.
Tech Logic’s products ease the workload associated with sorting, moving, and placing library items, as well as patron self-service check-out.
Need to be a hunter** Need to be a team player*******
1. Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or region and for meeting or exceeding annual sales quota.
2. Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from own professional network, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
3. Maintain data in CRM
4. Builds and maintains research on prospective and current customers relating to how each customer is organized hierarchically, brands, channels, and key relationships.
5. Establishes and maintains current customer and potential customer relationships.
6. Gains clear understanding of customer’s business requirements.
7. Creates business cases and high level financial models including ROI analysis to help in positioning and selling of technology based solutions to solve business problems.
8. Prepares presentations, proposals and demos to prospects/customers.
9. Works in close conjunction with the assigned Sr. Specialist/Territory Manager with a focus on “B” level libraries but will be involved in team selling and cross selling as required.
10. Attends industry trade shows as required to develop new leads and to expand relationships with prospects and clients.
11. Identifies and resolves customer concerns.
12. Expectation of in-territory sales travel 3 out of 4 weeks per month.
13. Target goal of 20-25, on-site, face-to-face sales calls each month.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 5+ years demonstrated outside sales experience in software, IT or an IT related field .
- Experience selling software or technology – either stand-alone offerings or combining products and services that meet the customer’s business needs.
- Strong professional network including existing customer relationships in assigned territory.
- Travel as necessary within the territory to grow business
- Accurate forecasting and reporting to help budget company numbers
*Library experience preferred