As a member of the Collections and Processing Services Unit, the ER Librarian takes the leadership role in the management of the Library’s electronic resources. In close collaboration with personnel from various Library units, the ER Librarian coordinates support for the acquisition, processing, and maintenance of electronic resources throughout their life cycle. The successful candidate will oversee the maintenance of the Library’s electronic resource management (ERM) system, and the implementation of relevant portions of a new unified library management system (ULMS), such as Alma. The ER Librarian will implement new tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability.
- Manages the workflow related to updating and maintaining SFX, Verde, EZ-Proxy and ER-related unified library management system (ULMS) applications.
- Oversees the implementation of ER-related portions of a new ULMS, including the data preparation for migration.
- Leads regular electronic resource working group meetings.
- Serves as the technical expert for SFX and Verde and oversees the management of each.
- Ensures the accurate recording and maintenance of all administrative data for the Library’s electronic resource subscriptions.
- Conducts research and analysis of products, aggregators, and services, providing technical reviews as needed.
- Generates usage reports for electronic resources and contributes to a variety of data analysis projects.
- Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of electronic resources and their delivery systems.
- Monitors developments in the e-publishing industry, trends in the management and provision of library information resources and related issues.
- Provides limited direct public services to users at the Reference Desk.
- Assists users by troubleshooting electronic resource problems.
- May serve on department, library, and university committees.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Experience supporting the management and/or acquisition of electronic resources in an academic or research library.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, implement and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate user needs and seek ways of providing satisfactory solutions.
- Ability to read and synthesize technical documentation and explore solutions independently.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectiveness in balancing multiple assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, discipline faculty, and the wider campus community.
- Experience working with OpenURL/link resolver software, ERMS, or the management of electronic resources.
- Experience with the acquisitions and/or cataloging components of the Millennium/Innovative Interfaces, Inc. integrated library system (ILS) or another ILS or ULMS.
- Experience supervising or training in the use of new technologies.
- Experience with data normalization and migration.
- Experience working in a consortial environment.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Assistant Librarian. Salary range will be from $49,224 to $66,168, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent comprehensive benefits are available and include health/vision/dental plans, optional 10/12 month work year; defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities; as well as access to campus child-care. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.asp
August 24, 2015
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 7922BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
1. Letters of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For full consideration, all application materials should be received by July 8, 2015. Position will remain open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
California State University, Fullerton is the largest of 23 campuses, which comprise the California State University system. The campus is located in northern Orange County, convenient to numerous cultural and recreational sites throughout Southern California. As a comprehensive university, CSUF offers baccalaureate degrees in over 55 fields of knowledge, graduate (master’s level) work in 54 programs, credential programs for teachers, and doctoral degrees in education (Ed.D.) and nursing practice (DNP).
The Pollak Library serves a total of more than 38,000 students as well as approximately 4,000 faculty and staff. The University is committed to the support of learning through instructional technology as well as extensive training and development programs. The University’s Web site is located at: http://www.fullerton.edu.
The Library’s Web site (http://www.library.fullerton.edu) is a vital component of the Library’s extensive instruction program and serves as a gateway to resources. The Library contains 1.3 million books, government documents, and audiovisual materials; over 50,000 periodicals available electronically or in print; and 200 electronic databases. The staff includes 20 FTE librarians and 35 FTE paraprofessionals.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a fingerprint background check.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
|Contact:||California State University, Fullerton|
|Online App. Form:||https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment|