The wonderful staff at the USS Midway Museum Library have generously offered to provide SLA-SD members with a complimentary tour of the library and parts of the ship. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to get a guided tour of this historically important library and museum.
The USS Midway Library is a non-lending research library that supports the mission of the museum. Its goals are:
- To be a repository for resources that will help to preserve global and national naval aviation and naval history.
- To provide support for staff research projects within the museum.
- To provide a resource for the San Diego community.
The research library currently has over 9,700 items in its collection. The major holdings are in naval aviation, aircraft carriers, and World War II in the Pacific. The library has 1,500 cruise books including 600 aircraft carrier cruise books.
- Date: Wednesday, 3/15/2017
- Time: 3:00pm – 5:00pm, followed up an optional happy hour at The Fish Market
- Tour agenda: short PowerPoint presentation, a short tour of the library, and then leave an hour for tours of other parts of the ship
- Directions and parking
- After parking, meet in front of the main entrance to the museum
- Follow this link to register
- Registration closes Monday, 3/13/2017
- Event restrictions: Open only to librarians/para-professionals/people in the library or information field. No spouses, significant others, children.