Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is seeking a Research & Training Librarian. The location of this position is flexible and may be located in one of the Firm’s West coast offices. With over 330 attorneys in 33 offices nationwide, our range of experience and expertise enables us to bring efficient and practical solutions to today’s labor and employment law problems. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.fisherphillips.com .
We are seeking a creative, resourceful and experienced professional librarian to conduct legal and business research in support of the firm’s clients. This position reports to the Director of Research & Knowledge Services.
- Conducts legal and non-legal research using print and online products, saving time and money by selecting the most cost-effective resources.
- Monitors news/trends and prepares current awareness alerts for attorneys and practice groups on legal, business and industry developments.
- Maintains multiple databases, including the online catalog, and contributes relevant materials to the document management system.
- Provides training assistance to attorneys and paralegals in use of the firm’s library collection and commercial research database.
- Prepares written orientation materials, bibliographies, and guides for library use.
- Stays current and updates Library Director on new library services trends.
- Available to attend local librarian events and conferences, upon request.
- Willing to take on new tasks associated with emerging responsibilities as determined by the Director of Research & Knowledge Services.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum MLIS or MLS
- 3-5 years of law firms of corporate library experience
- Proficient in Lexis or Westlaw, and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of general library practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience in teaching end users to effectively utilize print and online resources
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong customer service focus
- Preferred background with Labor & Employment resources
No relocation costs. Principals only; no calls please.
Fisher Phillips is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service obligations or other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Apply here: https://www.fisherphillips.com/careers-staff