Responsible for management of all activities associated with the campus library including: supervising personnel, maintaining library resources, providing library services, and maintaining an appropriate environment.
* Directs the activities of the library services desk.
* Triages all student and faculty requests
* Manages the library cash drawer, including assisting students with copying/printing transactions.
* Notifies students of outstanding fines.
* Provides reference and research assistance to students and faculty including; on-line database searches, inter-library loan services, library instruction.
* Proctors student exams according to campus needs and library proctoring policies
* Coordinates and facilitates loans with other campus libraries within the University.
* Trains and supervises Circulation Manager and student library monitors (where applicable)
* Maintains, updates, and supports library resources including; information management system, circulation / reserve services.
* Collection development for print resources, input in collection development of electronic resources.
* Catalogs materials and provides/maintains authority control.
* Upholds and enforces official library policies and procedures, including overdue items and late charges.
* Triages and provides technical support for problems with library technology such as printers, copiers, computers, etc.
* Orients new students to library services and collections.
* Meets regularly with other library staff on all campuses to suggest changes or report problems.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE:
* Masters in Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited University
* Two or more years of library experience, preferably in a health sciences library or in a health care environment, and including the use of library information management systems, cataloging, reference, online literature searching, acquisitions/collection development, serials management and library instruction.
* Supervisory experience.
* Excellent computer skills and the ability to new learn new software programs easily.
To apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=2601641&type=mail&partnerid=25502&siteid=5229