San Diego Chapter 2016 Scholarship
The San Diego Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA-SD) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2016 student scholarship. The scholarship includes $1000 plus a one-year student membership in SLA as a San Diego Chapter member
To quality, applicants must:
- be a resident of San Diego County
- be enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program
- have an interest in pursuing a career in special libraries.
To be considered, please submit:
- Personal statement of 500-1000 words discussing your interest in special libraries and your future career goals
- Current resume including any MLS/MLIS/MIS coursework you’ve completed to date and your anticipated graduation date.
Upon selection, the scholarship recipient will also be required to submit proof of enrollment in
an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program (unofficial transcript) and proof of residency in San Diego County (copy of driver’s license or voter registration card). When registering for the one- year SLA student membership, the recipient MUST become an affiliated member of the San Diego Chapter of SLA.
To submit an application, please email your personal statement and resume (.doc(x) or PDF) attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18, 2016. Please use the subject line “SLA- SD Scholarship Application.”
The winner will be notified by late November. The scholarship will be officially awarded at the chapter’s Holiday Dinner in December.