Our next SLA-SD event will be a great opportunity to give back to our community. It’s volunteering with Feeding America San Diego.
- Food Sorting Volunteer event
- Tuesday 8/23/16; 2:30-4:30
- Register by 8/17/16
- 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121
- No-host networking/happy hour afterwards at Green Flash Brewing Co. 6550 Mira Mesa Blvd
Founded in 2007, Feeding America San Diego is the leading hunger-relief organization in the county, distributing healthy food with dignity to San Diego residents struggling with hunger. Our volunteer event will be centered around Food Sorting. This includes:
- Produce Gleaning: help to sort produce
- Labeling blank cans called brites with nutritional information
- BackPack Bag Decorating: decorate easy to carry paper bags
- Project cleanup: all volunteer shifts include project cleanup and warehouse cleaning
A few tips from Feeding America San Diego
- Close toed shoes are required; tennis shoes or running shoes work great!
- Wear clothes you can work in that you don’t mind getting dirty
- Bringing work gloves is recommended but not required
- The Distribution Center is neither cooled nor heated – we urge you to dress accordingly.
Register to help this worthwhile cause by going to our online registration form. After registration, you will receive instructions about how to sign up for the event with Feeding America San Diego (they have their own process on their web site)
Questions about details of this event? Greg Sorini at: firstname.lastname@example.org