Successful Resume Writing and Electronic Networking
- Thursday June 23rd 4-5:30 pm
- Qualcomm – 5775 Morehouse Dr. San Diego, 92121 – Room QRC-119B
- Entrance instructions below
- Refreshments served on-site
- Bring your laptop for hands on LinkedIn practice
- Register by Monday June 20th
Whether you are looking for a new position, want tips on keeping your resume polished and up to date or want to make the most of sites like LinkedIn, this session will offer a wealth of information to help you achieve that goal. See resume templates and examples and learn what to emphasize to make sure your application stays at the top of the stack. You’ll learn how to use job boards, LinkedIn and other social media to enhance your job search. Do you have your personal ‘elevator pitch’ down? If not, find out how to develop it.
The session will be led by Vivian Smith, Staffing Specialist at Qualcomm. Ms. Smith has 15+ years of HR and Recruiting experience with the last 10 specializing in technology. She has been with Qualcomm for five years working with various teams in the company recruiting and hiring top talent. She encourages attendees to bring their resume and laptop to get the most out of the session.
SLA-SD members attend for free. Non-members $15, students $5, CASH ONLY PLEASE.
To arrive at the event:
- Enter Qualcomm from Morehouse Drive, tell security at the gate that you are here for Library event; ask for directions to building QRC
- Park in any available space in parking structure to the right of security gate
- Proceed to building QRC lobby, receptionist will have badges ready (badges have WiFi connection information)
- Qualcomm Library staff will lead you to QRC-119B
- Plan to arrive a little early to get signed in and WiFi established
Sign up for this program by going to our online registration form.
Questions about the registration process or details of this event? Greg Sorini at: firstname.lastname@example.org