A reminder to our students out there that the San Diego Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA-SD) is accepting applications for our 2015 Student scholarship. The deadline is Monday, November 9, 2015, and the scholarship is for $1000 plus a one-year student membership in SLA-SD.The annual scholarship is awarded to a San Diego County resident currently enrolled in any ALA-accredited Master’s degree program.
If you are:
- a resident of San Diego County
- enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program
- interested in pursuing a career in special libraries.
To be considered, please submit:
- a personal statement of 500-1000 words discussing your interest in special libraries and your future career goals
- a current resume, which should include MLS/MLIS/MIS coursework you’ve completed to date and your anticipated graduation date.
Upon selection, the scholarship recipient must submit proof of enrollment in an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program (unofficial transcript) and proof of residency in San Diego County (copy of driver’s license or voter registration card).
The scholarship recipient will also be invited to join the SLA-SD Advisory Board as Student Liaison.
When registering for the one-year SLA student membership, the recipient MUST become an affiliated member of the San Diego Chapter of SLA.
To submit an application, please email your personal statement and resume (.doc(x) or PDF) attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2015. Please use the subject line “SLA-SD Scholarship Application.”
The winner will be notified by late November. The scholarship will be officially awarded at the chapter’s Holiday Dinner in December.