Please join us for an exciting, interactive, and informative day!
Forging Forward: Techniques & Technologies for Gauging Success
As the landscape of information services and resources changed from physical to digital and physical, how have librarians changed the ways in which we gauge success? Learn new ways of measuring your customers’ or competitors’ research impact, your library services’ impacts in the digital age, improving services for your customers, and how to quantify and convey your organization’s successes to upper management.
Speakers and Topics will include:
- Joseph Matthews, JRM Consulting, Inc. – Forging Forward: Using Evaluation as a Stepping Stone
Our keynote speaker is a consultant specializing in strategic planning, assessment, evaluation of library services, customer service, use of performance metrics, and the balanced scorecard. Joe has co-authored several books, including Managing with Data: Using ACRLMetrics and PLAmetrics (2014), Getting Started with Evaluation (2013), Research-Based Planning for Public Libraries: Increasing Relevance in the Digital Age (2013).
- Kathy Elliott, San Diego Zoo Global – From Tortoise to Cheetah: Streamlining News Aggregation with Inoreader and Paper.li
- Karen Heskett, UC San Diego Library – Helping Our Users Find Their Article Metrics
- Carolyn Norman, National University Library – The Quality of Library Reference Services from the User’s Perspective—How Did We Do?
- Deborah Robinson, Qualcomm Library – The Evolution of ResearchViews at the Qualcomm Library: Tailoring Proactive Research Deliverables to Meet Client Needs
- Cindy Shamel, Shamel Information Services – Setting Yourself Up for Success
Date: Friday, October 30, 2015, 8 am – 4 pm.
Location: Marina Village – Bayview Room (Directions)
1936 Quivira Way San Diego, CA 92109
Plenty of free parking available in front of the building.
Cost: Rates include continental breakfast, lunch, and mid-morning and afternoon refreshments!
Catered by Panera.
Dietary Special Needs? Please contact Penny Coppernoll-Blach and Deborah Kegel with your dietary needs at SLA.SD.FallSeminar@gmail.com
For questions, please contact Kristi Ehrig-Burgess at Kehrigburgess@mingei.org
Thanks to the contributions of our exhibitors, who help make the Fall Seminar possible! Each exhibitor will have a table at the seminar, and attendees will have several chances to visit with these vendors throughout the day.
- EOS International
- Thomson Reuters
Seminar Information: For questions, please contact Penny or Deborah at SLA.SD.FallSeminar@gmail.com