The San Diego Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA-SD) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for a special 2014 scholarship for non-profit librarians. The purpose of the scholarship is threefold:
- to provide a one-year membership in SLA-SD;
- to cover the cost of attendance to the SLA-SD Fall Seminar (to be held on Friday, October 24, 2014);
- to encourage participation in SLA-SD governance by non-profit librarians.
The scholarship winner shall serve on an SLA-SD committee of their choice during 2014-15.
In order to qualify, applicants must:
- be a resident of San Diego County
- be employed as an information professional at a non-profit (or not-for-profit) organization
To be considered, applicants must submit:
- a personal statement of up to 250 words discussing their interest in special libraries and how they would benefit from attending the SLA-SD fall seminar
- a current resume
Upon selection, the recipient will be required to submit proof of residency in San Diego County (copy of driver’s license or voter registration card). To submit an application, send your personal statement and resume as PDF attachments to tmatlin(at)csusm(dot)edu by Monday, September 8, 2014. Please use the subject line “SLA-SD 2014 Non-Profit Librarian Scholarship Application.” The winner will be notified in late September. The scholarship will be officially awarded at the Fall Seminar.