–> San Diego… please note: Webinar time is 2 pm PST on March 11 <–
The SLA Solo Librarians Division and the SLA New York Chapter have teamed up to present a webinar series with veteran library trainer Pat Wagner of SIERA (sieralearn.com).
The first webinar is now open for registration, please see the webinar details and registration URL below.
Everyday Leadership for Special and Solo Librarians
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5 to 6 pm ET
Regardless of your position in your workplace, you can be a leader: someone with vision, character, and influence who is comfortable with risk, even if you don’t have a team or staff reporting to you. Do you have a big-picture view of your library workplace? Do you think about the future and talk about your vision for better technology, improved customer service, and superior information products? Do people want to follow your lead? Do they listen to your ideas and take you seriously?
- Introduction: How Is Leadership Different from Management for a Special Librarian?
- The Key Idea: Anyone Can Inspire Innovation, Including Solos
- How Do Special Library Leaders Manage Risk Within Their Institutions?
- What Is The New Destination You Are Working Toward?
- How Do You Influence Change When You Are Not In Charge?
- Character Counts: What Are The Virtues Of Leadership?
- What Can You Do, Every Day Regardless of Your Position
- Focus on future outcomes, not just today.
- Become a positive influence for change in your workplace.
- Attract and build an ad hoc team for achieving big goals, even if you are a solo.
Pat Wagner has been a trainer and consultant for libraries since 1978. She is a frequent speaker at national library conferences and SLA, AALL, and MLA chapter meetings around the US and Canada. She is known for her practical and good-humored programs.
$5 – Members of Solo Division and SLA NY
$5 – Co-sponsors: SLA New England, DC, Georgia and Illinois Chapters, and the Leadership and Management Division
$10 – SLA Members
$20 – Non-members
Register in two easy steps:
1. Pay the webinar fee using the SLA NY website and PayPal at:
2. Register for the webinar using the URL sent to you in your confirmation message.
*Paid registrants may access a recording of the webinar so sign up even if you can’t attend in person.
Questions? Contact Solo Division Past Chair Tom Nielsen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendar for three other webinars in the series:
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 – 5 to 6 pm ET
The Tools of Influence for Special and Solo Librarians
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 – 5 to 6 pm ET
Fifteen Reasons to Quit Your Special or Solo Library Job (or Ask Someone Else to Leave)
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 – 5 to 6 pm ET
Solo Project Management: When You are the Whole Team