San Diego County Library, the 2012 Gale/ Library Journal’s Library of the Year winner, is now accepting applications for the position of
Apply now to become part of this award winning team!
The San Diego County Library (SDCL) supports the County of San Diego’s vision to provide a safe, healthy and thriving county by providing library services that create informed, literate and engaged communities. SDCL serves a diverse geographic area of over 4,000 square miles which includes everything from border to ranching communities to urban areas and suburbs.
With 33 branches, two bookmobiles and a virtual branch, SDCL is a community of practice bringing together staff and customers in dedication to values that promote literacy, lifelong learning and the development of social capital.
” Click here ” for more information and a direct link to the SDCL website.
The County of San Diego seeks candidates who are:
- Focused on delivering excellent customer service
- Responsive to the changing needs of our communities
- Dedicated to eliminating barriers and building capacity so that all may have full access to library resources
- Skilled communicators that can connect with our diverse communities in proactive, creative and innovative ways
- Inclusive, respectful and celebratory of the diversity of the communities we serve
- Team players that are skilled in collaborating and partnering with community, government, business and cultural groups to achieve the Library mission
- Support the values of integrity, stewardship and commitment embodied in our guiding principles
This is an opportunity to put your education and professionalism to work in an advanced technological environment.
As a Librarian III, you will manage a large branch or library support division; plan and oversee major branch programming efforts; collaborate with community groups, local leaders, and Friends of the Library to generate public support; interface with local elected and government officials, and provide supervision and training to professional and paraprofessional staff.
“ Click here ” for a complete job description for Librarian III.
Required Education and Experience
- A master’s degree in Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certificate of foreign studies equivalency, AND three (3) years of full-time experience as a professional librarian that includes progressively responsible supervisory experience; OR,
- A master’s degree as described above, AND one (1) year of full-time experience as a Librarian II with the County of San Diego.
Note: A master’s degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association is highly desirable. Experience working in a public library is also highly desirable.
In order for your education to be considered, you must attach a copy of your diploma, transcripts or foreign studies equivalency certificate to your application. Required documents submitted on or after February 29, 2008 do not need to be resubmitted. Please only attach the documents required.
Qualified candidates will be placed on a 12 month employment list based on scores received during the evaluation of information contained on their employment and supplemental applications. Please ensure all information is complete and accurate as the responses you provide on the supplemental application questionnaire will be reviewed using an automated evaluation system. If you are successful in the initial screening process, your application will be reviewed individually to confirm that the information you provided is accurate and qualifying.
Note: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
This series recruitment will be suspended on March 17, 2014.
PER COUNTY RULES, THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT AT STEP 1, $58,260.80 ANNUALLY. COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE SUBJECT TO THE COUNTY PROMOTION RULE FOR STEP PLACEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH COMPENSATION ORDINANCE SECTION 1.3.5.