Entrepreneurial/ Marketing and Business Data Librarian -
VPAA 2014/15 – 70
San Diego State University Library and Information Access seeks applications and nominations of dynamic, innovative and service-oriented candidates for the position of Entrepreneurial/Marketing and Business Data Librarian. This position is open at the entry and mid-level; hiring is at the Senior Assistant Librarian rank.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Seek partnerships with faculty and students in the College of Business Administration, including the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy, Finance, Management, Management Information Systems and Marketing Departments, as well as the Entrepreneurship Center, The Corky McMillan Center for Real Estate, and the Center for Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC);
- Lead the development and assessment of collections and services in support of the mission of the College of Business Administration;
- Initiate, conduct, and assess course related and resource specific instruction in business subject areas, and provide general undergraduate information literacy instruction;
- Participate and provide services as a general reference librarian and as a subject expert in business reference areas; maintain online research guides; and work with programming support staff to develop innovative online research tools for business disciplines;
- Support outreach programs to the local business communities;
- Work with library administration to ensure the alignment of business library support with the accreditation requirements of the College of Business Administration; and,
- Participate in the shared governance of San Diego State University by serving on campus, library and California State University system-wide committees as needed.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent foreign degree;
- An understanding of the current research, information sources and scholarly trends in the field of business;
- Knowledge of emerging issues and technologies in business librarianship;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collegial environments;
- Potential for meeting the requirements for tenure and promotion based on library service, professional growth, and service to the University and community;
- A commitment to fostering diversity.
- Two years’ professional experience in an academic library;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or a related discipline;
- Active involvement in professional development activities;
- Experience working with faculty, researchers, staff and students;
- Experience with collection development;
- Experience in the development of online tutorials or web guides;
- Experience working with multicultural and international student groups;
- Ability to plan, design, implement, assess library programs and services, including collections, instruction and consultation;
- Experience with learning management systems, such as Blackboard.
This is a full-time, twelve-month, tenure track faculty position. Tenure is dependent upon continuing library service effectiveness, professional growth and development, and service to the University and community.
Rank of Senior Assistant Librarian with a salary range of $57,084 – $65,000.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans, as well as 24 vacation days per year.
The Library and Information Access has more than 7 million items in its collections, over 800 public access computers, a 24-hour study area, and a Media Center with multimedia computer workstations. In the past year we filled 15,570 book requests through Circuit and other library partnerships, and 11,190 article requests fulfilled from other libraries. For more information visit the library website at library.sdsu.edu.
San Diego State University is a major public research institution offering bachelor’s degrees in 89 areas, master’s degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 21 areas. The university provides transformative experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom, for its 34,000 students. Students participate in research, international experiences, sustainability and entrepreneurship initiatives, and a broad range of student life and leadership opportunities. The university’s rich campus life features opportunities for students to participate in, and engage with, the creative and performing arts, a Division I athletics program and the vibrant cultural life of the San Diego region. For more information, visit www.sdsu.edu.
Please send letter of application, resume and names, postal and e-mail addresses of three professional references to:
Print versions of the application packet may be sent to:
Director of Access Services and Human Resources
Library and Information Access
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-8050
Please indicate the position for which you are applying.
This position will remain open until filled. Reviews will begin immediately. Anticipated start date is Summer 2014.
San Diego State University is a Title IX, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status. For more detailed information, visit http://oerc.sdsu.edu/policies&procedures.htm.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.