San Diego State University Library and Information Access seeks applications and nominations of dynamic, innovative and service-oriented candidates for the position of Entrepreneurial/Marketing and Business Data Librarian. This position is open at the entry and mid-level; hiring is at the Senior Assistant Librarian rank.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Seek partnerships with faculty and students in the College of Business Administration, including the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy, Finance, Management, Management Information Systems and Marketing Departments, as well as the Entrepreneurship Center, The Corky McMillan Center for Real Estate, and the Center for Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC);
- Lead the development and assessment of collections and services in support of the mission of the College of Business Administration;
- Initiate, conduct, and assess course related and resource specific instruction in business subject areas, and provide general undergraduate information literacy instruction;
- Participate and provide services as a general reference librarian and as a subject expert in business reference areas; maintain online research guides; and work with programming support staff to develop innovative online research tools for business disciplines;
- Support outreach programs to the local business communities;
- Work with library administration to ensure the alignment of business library support with the accreditation requirements of the College of Business Administration; and,
- Participate in the shared governance of San Diego State University by serving on campus, library and California State University system-wide committees as needed.