San Diego State University Library and Information Access seeks applications and nominations of dynamic, innovative and service-oriented candidates for the position of STEM librarian – Engineering and Math Concentration. This position is open to both entry level and senior level candidates, hiring at the Senior Assistant Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Proactively seek partnerships with faculty and students in the College of Engineering and the Department of Mathematics & Statistics, as well as their centers and programs;
- Participate in science and applied science outreach programs on campus and in local communities;
- Take a leadership role in developing collections and services in support of the research and educational missions of the relevant academic departments;
- Initiate and conduct course-related and resource-specific instruction in engineering, mathematics and science, as well as provide general undergraduate information literacy education;
- Maintain existing online research guides and work with programming support staff to develop innovative online research tools for engineering, mathematics and related disciplines;
- Participate in the shared governance of San Diego State University by serving on campus, library and California State University system-wide committees as needed;
- Participate as a general reference librarian, as well as provide subject specific support for engineering, mathematics and related disciplines.