The role is primarily responsible for 1) tracking news about market trends and competitors from secondary sources – newspapers, websites, healthcare publications, subscription sites etc., on a daily basis; 2) organizing news and information into business relevant categories; 3) updating and maintaining a CI on-line site; 3) developing content for alerts and newsletters; 4) research and answer questions from the MSI team and business teams on specific topics of interest; 5) collect and synthesize
information from a variety of sources into clear and impactful presentations. In addition, the role will involve assisting consultants and senior managers in gathering, organizing, and presenting competitive and market information for projects of strategic focus. This role reports directly to the Senior Consultant, Competitive Intelligence.
• Help establish and operate a robust and efficient CI collection and reporting process to inform key stakeholders.
• Gather requirements around content development.
• Update and maintain an on-line CI site on an ongoing basis.
• Drive adoption and self service of content on CI site.
• Assist in developing content and writing alerts and newsletters.
• Maintain distribution lists for line of business groups for newsletter distribution.
• Collect and organize information around key topics for strategic projects.
• Extract and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and prepare clear and logical reports and presentations.
• Execute ‘deep dives’ into focused CI issues on an as needed basis to support routine and specialized decision-making.
• A Bachelors degree or above in a relevant field such as business, economics, communications, or library sciences.
• An MBA or Masters degree in a relevant field is desirable.
• 3 to 5 years experience; experience working in a health plan/ insurance environment is strongly preferred.
• Experience with content development, publication, and management– i.e. website, newsletters.
• Familiarity with filings and data produced by regulatory agencies such as the DOI and DMHC is desirable.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Ability to produce newsletters and briefs on a fixed schedule.
• Savvy with searching for information on the web, public domains, & subscription sources.
• Ability to synthesize and organize information that is easy to digest and is actionable.
Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS and/or SAS, and other data visualization tools.