The San Diego Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA-SD) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for its 2014 scholarship. The scholarship is $1000 plus a one-year student membership in SLA-SD.
In order to qualify, applicants must:
- Be a resident of San Diego County
- Be enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in special libraries
To be considered, applicants must submit:
- A personal statement of 500-1000 words discussing their interest in special libraries and future career goals
- A current resume, which should include MLIS coursework completed to date and anticipated graduation date
Upon selection, the recipient will also be required to submit proof of enrollment in an ALA-accredited Master’s degree program (unofficial transcript) and proof of residency in San Diego County (copy of driver’s license or voter registration card).
Upon registration for the one-year SLA student membership, the recipient MUST become an affiliated member of the San Diego Chapter of SLA.
To submit an application, send your personal statement and resume as .doc (or .docx) attachments to email@example.com by Monday, October 28, 2013. Please use the subject line “SLA-SD Scholarship Application.”
The winner will be notified in November. The scholarship will be officially awarded at the chapter’s Holiday Dinner in December.