The Los Angeles office has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant in the Conflicts Department. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The position consists of conducting thorough, accurate and comprehensive research for the purpose of analyzing public records with regards to an entity or person. Includes the creation of concise background reports on natural persons, corporations or agencies listed as parties to new client/matters either on new business intake forms or submitted as preliminary conflict of interest checks. May also be asked to assist any attorney or administrative staff member with non-intake public records research.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 2 – 3 years relevant legal and/or business work experience
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent computer research skills, including using such business and public records database as: Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw; Accurint, Edgar, Hoover’s and PACER.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications; strong internet research skills; experience with desktop publishing helpful
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Conduct research on a variety of database, services and websites for the purpose of compiling public records information on an individual and/or entity as requested by the Office of the General Counsel (OGC).
• Extract information from the public records information to compile reports for the OGC and firm attorneys
• Provide business, industry and/or competitive intelligence-related research services for company or agency related research needs.
• Research published reports and articles for the purposes of determining credit-worthiness of new clients.
• Search available resources to determine corporate hierarchy and “family tree” information.
• Obtain court filings and docket information from courts as needed, including telephone consultation with court personnel for purposes of confirming identity of client with regard to public record matching
• Perform other research projects as assigned.
• Ability to become proficient in understanding and utilization of the firm’s conflicts of interest database (LegalKEY) in order to assist the Conflicts Department if necessary
Please email resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (213) 617-5584.
Principals only. EOE.