- Focused on delivering excellent customer service
- Responsive to the changing needs of our communities
- Dedicated to eliminating barriers and building capacity so that all may have full access to library resources
- Skilled communicators that can connect with our diverse communities in proactive, creative and innovative ways
- Inclusive, respectful and celebratory of the diversity of the communities we serve
- Team players that are skilled in collaborating and partnering with community, government, business and cultural groups to achieve the Library mission
- Support the values of integrity, stewardship and commitment embodied in our guiding principles
The ideal candidate will provide courteous, high quality service to members of the public by personally responding to requests or appropriate referral. This is the lead level class in the Library Technician series. Incumbents perform paraprofessional library services in a branch library or administrative unit and related work.
Under general supervision, incumbents in this class may supervise the operation of a branch library of small to moderate size, category 1 or 2, (categories are established based on a combination of population served, circulation and the square footage of the library): may serve as most senior library technician in a category 3 branch or assist in the supervision of a branch or highly technical or specialized unit.
- Two years of full time library work experience at the level of a Library Technician II, classification OR
- Three years of full time library work experience at the Library Technician I level. Supervisory coursework/experience is highly desirable.