Manage and maintain all company-owned information resources and associated content. Ensures the storing, archiving and taxonomical layouts of information resources are consistent across and throughout the organization. Develops and implements cataloging systems, as well preserving the freshness and accuracy of cataloged items.
- Review and baseline current approaches at Cymer for cataloging and archiving of technology information (Lotus Notes databases, e-Room, SharePoint).
- Propose a preliminary “design” for an improved approach that would facilitate easier and more scalable archival and search capability.
- Incorporate a process for assigning/managing key words, database structure (considering best practices), and suggestions on improved application of the current automation tools.
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing and archiving all content and information resources
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
- Assess, recommend and purchase corporate library development tools as required, and track new standards and methodologies.
- Compile and maintain a detailed inventory of existing electronic and paper resources, and identify knowledge gaps and make recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of a broad range of software packages and tools is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Library Science
- Ability to work independently; ability to seek information across an organization