Posted on 16 May 2013.
Apply by 5/20/13
The County of San Diego seeks candidates who are:
· Focused on delivering excellent customer service
· Responsive to the changing needs of our communities
· Dedicated to eliminating barriers and building capacity so that all may have full access to library resources
· Skilled communicators that can connect with our diverse communities in proactive, creative and innovative ways
· Inclusive, respectful and celebratory of the diversity of the communities we serve
· Team players that are skilled in collaborating and partnering with community, government, business and cultural groups to achieve the Library mission
· Support the values of integrity, stewardship and commitment embodied in our guiding principles
This is an opportunity to put your education and professionalism to work in an advanced technological environment.
The ideal candidate will provide courteous, high quality customer service to members of the public by personally responding to information requests in person or by phone. This is the journey level class in the Library Technician series. The incumbent in this position will perform paraprofessional and clerical library services in a branch library or administrative unit. This class may supervise entry-level technicians.