|Job Title:||Senior Library Technician|
|Closing Date/Time:||Tue. 04/30/13 5:00 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$22.44 – $27.80 Hourly
$1,794.92 – $2,223.69 Biweekly
$3,889.00 – $4,818.00 Monthly
$46,668.00 – $57,816.00 Annually
|Location:||Beverly Hills Public Library, California|
Performs a wide variety of complex and difficult paraprofessional library work; recruits, develops and trains subordinate staff and volunteers; works actively in the community to develop support for library programs and services; responsible for a unit of library services.
|• Supervises a unit of library services which can include: literacy services, copy cataloging, database maintenance, acquisitions or other unit of library service.
• Schedules and monitors unit personnel and work flow for daily operations; assesses deadlines; makes and monitors the work assignments of others accordingly.
• Recruits, hires, trains, coordinates, assists, instructs, and evaluates subordinate staff and volunteers.
• Prepares original training materials for subordinate staff and volunteers.
• Monitors budgets and expenditures for the unit’s program budget, for grants, and for donations from the Friends of the Library and other community organizations.
• Prepares grant applications and proposals as necessary.
• Maintains payroll records to include assuring number of hours worked are documented correctly, calculating totals, and making adjustments.
• Makes public presentations regarding library programs and services.
• Represents the Library at public, professional and community meetings.
• Monitors and evaluates library programs and services for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
• Monitors contracts with vendors to ensure quality control of product supplied.
• Monitors the Innovative database for accuracy; proofreads online input done by subordinate staff; conducts quality control evaluations of data base; performs final quality control check before new materials are released to the public.
• Performs duties of Librarian III when assigned.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
|Bachelor of Arts degree including or supplemented by courses in library sciences or a related field and three years of experience performing paraprofessional library work in a public library, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.|