|Closing Date/Time:||Tue. 04/16/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$31.91 – $39.64 Hourly
$2,552.77 – $3,171.23 Biweekly
$5,531.00 – $6,871.00 Monthly
$66,372.00 – $82,452.00 Annually
|Location:||Beverly Hills Public Library, California|
Under the direction of a Divisional Supervisor/Senior Librarian, responsible for direct and indirect supervision of professional and other library personnel when assigned to area of responsibility.
|• Administers major library programs, collections or services.
• Assists in the development and implementation of library goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Participates in selecting books and materials for inclusion in program collections and provides assistance in area of specialty in developing programs to stimulate patron’s interest.
• Coordinates and supervises acquisition, cataloging, classification, circulation, distribution, and care and preservation of library materials.
• Provides reference and readers advisory service.
• Responds to citizen’s complaints and inquiries.
• Assists in preparing and administering the program budgets.
• Participates in recommending facility modifications, purchases and maintenance of equipment needed in the library programs.
|Possession of a Masters of Library Science degree from an accredited college or university, supplemented by specialized courses related to the library program area to which assigned; Five years of professional library experience in a public library including experience in the field of specialization required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.|