|The City of National City Library has an immediate need for a Librarian – Coordinator of the Before and After-School Program. The program is a grant funded program committed to providing academic and enrichment activities to children K-6.
The list created from this recruitment may also be used to fill future Librarian positions in other sections of the Library.
Under direction, to plan, organize, and supervise the before and after-school program for students K-6 of the National City School District.
- Coordinates development and implementation of the before and after-school program.
- Hires, supervises and trains staff.
- Develops curricula and provides students with activities that promote their physical and intellectual development.
- Implements applicable district, agency and grant policies and regulations.
- Administers assigned budget.
- Assists in collecting accurate data required by the grant.
- Maintains records needed for program administration.
- Provides oral and written reports to the public and the school system.
- Facilitates partnerships with appropriate public and private agencies that provide services to the students and families.
- Develops procedures and policies for operation of the before and after-school program.
- Establishes and maintains communication with members of the school staff about student needs and aspects of the before and after-school program.
- Prepares additional proposals for supplemental funding.
- Analyzes and applies information from periodic program evaluations.
- Participates on local and state committees related to before and after-school programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Completion of a standard course in an accredited library school and two (2) years of professional experience in a public library; or a master’s degree in library science and one (1) year of experience. Experience working with children’s programming or in running after-school programs is highly desirable .
Click here for more information.