Full Time, Ryan Library
-Hire, train and supervise student employees engaged in maintaining the order and appearance of the book stacks, along with the general appearance of the library; providing customer service; securing opening and closing of the library; understanding of library classification and computer systems; understanding of library policy and procedure; and staffing/scheduling Circulation/Reserve Desk.
– Evaluate student employees on a semester basis and conducts ongoing training, including, but not limited to: prepare/update training manuals, conduct training sessions, and prepare training materials.
– Maintain communication with student employees regarding library policies and procedures, shift coverage, and other important information.
– Coordinate and process all reserve material including the Electronic Reserve scanning operation.
– Oversee annual inventory of library materials.
– Answer routine inquiries and refers those requiring additional assistance to librarian, and resolve patron service complaints and problems, with the support of library faculty.
– Process and implement library and interlibrary loan overdue charges including maintaining records and billing (and when applicable, collecting/depositing) of fines and fees, in conjunction with supervisor.
– Train and supervise student workers in operation of Innovative Interfaces, Inc. integrated library system software, copiers and 3M alarm/patron count gate.
– Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree required. Two years of library experience and knowledge of integrated library software preferred. Supervisory experience with college students preferred.
– Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University.
– Strong detail, time management, multitasking, conflict management and organizational skills.
– Ability to work independently, make critical judgments, exercise critical interpersonal skills, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.