- Knowledge of genealogy research methods and genealogy resources, including print and electronic formats
- Possesses excellent customer service and written/verbal communication skills
- Works cooperatively with the public and coworkers
- Able to work independently while managing multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Proficient working with computers, including the Internet, on-line databases, and MS Office software including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Demonstrates effective instruction of others in library and computer research
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would qualify. For the part-time (hourly) Library Technician position, a typical way to acquire the skills and abilities would include one year of general clerical experience and/or graduation from high school. Experience working in a public library is desired but not required.