|Job Title:||Library Aide – T10352|
|Closing Date/Time:||Mon. 02/25/13 5:00 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$10.06 – $12.07 Hourly
$804.80 – $965.60 Biweekly
$20,924.80 – $25,105.60 Annually
|Job Type:||Varies by Position|
|Location:||City of San Diego, California|
Library Aide positions perform a variety of routine clerical tasks using a computer; sort, straighten, and shelve books and other library materials; lift/carry items weighing up to 30 pounds; check books and other library materials in/out to the public; file records, documents, and maps; make simple book repairs; collect fines; retrieve library materials for patrons; answer routine questions; assist the public and other library staff; and perform other duties as assigned.
· Library Aide employees may be eligible for Career Advancement to Library Clerk.
· Work schedules may include evenings and weekends.
· The list established for these positions may be used to fill full-time, half-time and/or limited-hourly vacancies.
· Some positions may be assigned to one or more branches within the Library Department.
· Library Aide employees may be required to grasp, carry, and lift books or book totes weighing up to 30 pounds; bend; reach overhead to heights of 80 inches with the assistance of a step stool; and stand for long periods of time.