The Reference & Instruction Librarian position is a full-time employment opportunity.
Reporting to the Director of Distance Learning Library Services, the Digital Services Librarian is located in San Diego, CA. The Digital Services Librarian will participate in virtual reference, outreach and library instruction activities for online students and faculty at Ashford University and the University of the Rockies.
This position is a full time opportunity working in our offices in San Diego, CA.
Essential Job Duties:
- Providing reference and research assistance and library instruction to online students via email, phone and chat
- Developing electronic training materials and research guides that focus on library databases and services
- Collaborating with faculty and other academic staff to integrate library content and information literacy concepts in courses
- Participating in library marketing and outreach activities
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Assisting with ongoing library assessment activities, such as surveys and focus groups
- Assisting with collection development, including evaluations of electronic resources
- Providing tier-1 technical support related to library resources
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience with electronic library resources such as online databases and other specialized library software programs.
- Experience doing email, phone or chat reference in a university or college library environment
- Experience with providing library instruction or creating instructional materials for students in a university or college environment.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation
- Experience servicing a diverse student body
- Experience with non-traditional, first- generation college students
- Experience or familiarity with blogs, wikis and social networking services
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution