Please register to attend the next SLA-SD event, Disaster and Emergency Preparedness Health Information from NIH & the National Library of Medicine.
At this informative workshop, attendees will:
- Learn to find health information during Emergencies
- Find answers to medical questions (PubMed, Medline Plus, Toxnet, Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders [W.I.S.E.R.]. Radiation Emergency Medical Management [R.E.M.M.], etc.)
- Learn about SD County PHS Emergency Services
- What should be in an Emergency Kit and Library Mutual Support Planning
- Naomi Broering, MLS, MS, Dean of Libraries, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (PCOM)
- Gregory Chauncy, MBA, EE, Health Info Instructor at PCOM
- Saman Yaghmaee, MA, Health Services Project Coordinator, Public Health Services, HHSA County of San Diego
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Time: 4:30-5:30 pm
Hologic Gen-Probe Auditorium
10210 Genetic Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
The Gen-Probe building occupies a block fronting Mira Mesa Blvd. From Mira Mesa Blvd, turn on Sequence Drive and into the parking lot. Continue straight to the Building 1 Lobby and sign in with Security. Please do not go to Building 2.
Cost: $7 SLA members / $12 non-members / Free unemployed or students
**The registration fee covers the cost of refreshments which will be available before and after the workshop.**
Register via PayPal.
For assistance with registration, contact Lauren Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org.