Want to get to know San Diego info pros a bit better, learn about what’s going on in the San Diego information scene, or just get an idea for the types of information opportunities in the area? Short on time? Then come to the SLA-SD Speed Networking event, where you’ll have the chance to meet one-on-one with local info pros. This fun and informal event will allow you to catch up with old colleagues as well as make new connections! Light refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there!
The Details (See the full program schedule below the registration details):
Monday, March 5
4:30 – 6:30 pm
California Center for Sustainable Energy, Energy Resource Library
8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
**Parking is free at the CCSE**
Register through PayPal.
Questions or trouble with registration? Contact Talitha Matlin at tmatlin(at)sandiegozoo.org or 760-291-5479.
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm: Mingling and light refreshments
- 5:00 – 5:15 pm: Tour/overview of Center for Sustainable Energy Resource Library by librarian Sarah Volpe
- 5:15 – 6:15 pm: Speed Networking!
- 6:15 – 6:30 pm: Wrap-up & Quick Networking Tips (for times when you don’t have a convenient “speed networking event already arranged!) presented by Amy Jankowski, San Diego Zoo Global Assistant Librarian
- What was your journey to becoming an information professional?
- What is your favorite part about your job or about librarianship in general?
- SLA 2012 is coming up — will you be attending? If you’ve gone before, can you think of any tips for people who will be going for the first time?
- SLA President Brent Mai’s theme for 2012 is “Future Now: Operation Agility“. How do you “proactively anticipate and positively respond to the needs of [your organization]“? If being ready for the future now seems like a daunting task, how do you think SLA-SD can help you overcome these challenges?
- What are your passions outside of the information arena? Sometimes we’ll find unexpected connections with our colleagues by sharing what we do outside of the workplace.